viernes, 14 de junio de 2013

DIY Sunprint Tote

Design*Sponge

My go-to DIY seems to perpetually be a tote bag. Once youve got the basic technique down, you can churn one out in less than an hour. Im always looking for an excuse to make one, and I get most excited when I can add a simple twist to make it into something totally new and different. In this case, a tried and true sewing technique plus an innovative product makes for a one-of-a-kind but decidedly utilitarian garden tote. Super cool light-sensitive dye lets me create my own, unique sunprinted textile with clippings from right outside my door, and using a box pleat-like technique, I create roomy pockets perfect for holding all kinds of gardening tools. -Mandy Pellegrin The full how-to is after the jump! (more)

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario