miércoles, 17 de julio de 2013

In Chicago, An Apartment with a Sartorial Approach

Design*Sponge

Kristin Kerr Luber lives in the River North neighborhood of Chicago where she resides in a modernist high-rise designed by Minoru Yamasaki, who also designed the World Trade Center in New York. Kristin fell in love with the building when she saw in on the Chicago architectural boat tour and was determined to find a unit to rent. Since moving into the space in July 2011, she has endeavored to design her home with an almost sartorial approach. Much like her wardrobe, her home is filled with timeless basics and flourishes of color. Over time, she has collected pieces both vintage and contemporary, that truly reflect her style and interests, resulting in an eclectic home that feels comfortable yet sophisticated. Kristins very own Parisian apartment. Modern features, such as the 10 windows and tall crisp white walls are a far cry from the vintage apartments she had previously lived in, but provided a perfect blank canvas for her Mid-Century antiques and personal mementos. Though it is a constantly evolving work in progress, she loves that her home reflects her personality and history. Kristin started her company, Kristin Kerr Interiors in November 2012 after working as a financial analyst for 5 years and completing a degree in interior design. She is excited to grow her business and create environments that reflect the personality and being of each client, just as she has done for her own home. Thank you Kristin and big thanks to John and Maura Stoffer of Stoffer Photography! -Shannon Image above: I dont consider myself overly girly but for as long as I can remember Ive always wanted a vanity. As a kid I loved watching my mom sit at her vanity everyday and apply her makeup. Theres something about the routine of sitting down and taking time to get ready that seems so glamorous. I had my dad spray paint a plain white Ikea Malm dressing table a high gloss gray then paired it with this fabulous brass mirror from CB2 such an unexpected find! Image above: Since I don?t have an entry this console table in my dining room serves as a landing spot when I come home. The table was purchased at a local store that imports furniture from Indonesia. I love the way the more traditional spindle legs contrast against with my modern Saarinen dining table. The vintage mirror was my first-ever auction purchase. I have since become addicted to the monthly Market Place auctions at Leslie Hindman so many great deals! The Waterford vase was given to my parents as a wedding gift and my mother recently gave it to me because she said I enjoy fresh flowers far more than she does. As for the art, I paired vintage prints found at the Broadway Antique Market with black and white photos I took during my travels to Europe. See more of Kristins Chicago home after the jump (more)

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada