viernes, 19 de julio de 2013

Sneak Peek Best of: Beach

Design*Sponge

This week my family is in Santa Cruz, California celebrating the first birthdays of my niece and nephew (born 24 hours apart to my two sisters not planned!), as well as a big birthday for my mom. I spend most of my year in a Brooklyn apartment so it feels like true luxury to write this while staring out at the Pacific Ocean. And Im determined to find a way to bring a little beach back home to Brooklyn. Im taking notes from the pages of people who have managed to do just that.  I rounded up my favorite images of beach homes and am filing away some ideas to bring back to the city with me. (Id love to make that sea shell mirror, below) (You can see more homes with a beachy feel right here.) -Amy Image above: In the 1950s beach cottage of Real Living editor Deborah Bibby, the coffee table display is filled travel souvenirs and little nods to the beach locations. See all the photos from Deborahs colorful English cottage here. Image above: This beach house just outside Sydney has been in Phoebe Gazals family for twenty years. The mirror above the art deco fireplace is the perfect nod to view out the windows. See all the photos of Phoebes Pittwater home here. Image above: Australian Sarah Albrecht finds endless inspiration for her Little Rock Boutique in the ocean. See all the photos of her home in the costal town of Torquay, Australia here. See more beachy homes after the jump! (more)

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada