miércoles, 13 de noviembre de 2013

Sneak Peek: Best of Pastels

Design*Sponge

At every apartment Ive ever lived in, pastel colors are always my go-to palette when painting the walls. As a perpetual renter with an ever evolving collection of furniture that changes depending on the space, my most consistent (and landlord friendly), design decision I tend to make is to create a soft, fresh backdrop with the perfect shade of whatever pastel color I am into at the moment. Though I lean toward the shades so pale they may be mistaken for white depending on the time of day, I also love deeper, more saturated pastel colors. While there are few things more classic than a crisp white wall, pastels create an unique aura for the space. Whether its warm and romantic or fresh and airy the space instantly feels more personal and welcoming with a dose of pastel. Here are some of my favorites from the Sneak Peek archives. -Shannon Image above: Pastel pink creates interesting planes of color in this Copenhagen home. Image above: This minty cabinet provides a soft backdrop for the vividly-hued greenery on display in this Oregon home. Image above: The pale yellow walls of the reception hall in Roseline Lohrs home provide a sunny welcome for arriving visitors. See more pastel after the jump (more)

 

 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada